Thursday, February 21, 2008

Here's Sophie!


Well, Sophia Cathern made her entrance to the world last night at 3:30 AM. She is tall and healthy. Her height was almost 22" and she tipped the scales at a hearty 10.6 lbs! (Which was kind of scary because she really had to be pulled on hard. ) In the end, everything has worked out wonderfully and we feel so blessed.


Here she is right after being born.
Who does she look like? Dad thinks she is a (much) thicker Olivia.








Here is Mom and newbie...










...bonding.







The Chicks LOVED seeing her. They woke up extra early to go see her and were on their best behavior.







Sophie would have been into them, but she was just too tired.








Madelyn is so proud to finally be a big sister.








She was always right on top of the situation.








And if her attention ever drifted, Olivia was right there to watch over them both. She is going to be a great Big Sis.






And Sophie sleeps on...
(P.S. Dad now thinks she is a perfect mix of Olivia and Madelyn as babies.)

15 comments:

Fordney said...

SOOOO cute. Not a petite little thing is she? I think that she looks like Maddie. I can tell that Trent was in charge of getting the girls ready. Nice hair :)
Congrats- can't wait to meet her.

Brandon said...

You know the term used to describe people under 30 with 3 or more kids, right? It is, after all, your terminology.

She is cute. Send more pictures.

Ashley said...

BEAUTIFUL!! It is too hard to tell who she looks like right now... You'll just have to keep posting more pictures! :-)

Shayleen Lunt said...

Cathy - She is sure to be a beauty if she's born February 21st! I mean, look at me ;)
I'm happy to share my birthday with another beauty though.
Seriously though, she is so cute and with the word "pulling," you have me curious for your labor and delivery story. I hope you have a quick recovery and that your little Sophie (excuse me, little, big Sophie) sleep through the night like an angel. hehe
Love ya!
Shayleen

Jennie Freakin' Wilder said...

Congrats Cathy.
I think she looks like Olivia but looking at the pictures, Olivia and Maddie look like sisters so I'm sure she will be a mixture of the two. She is a tall one too. That's great. Looks like the water makes them big in Pennsylvania. I am happy for you. I'm glad the girls are loving her. Get feeling good soon, Jennie

j e s s i e said...

I'm SO happy for you guys. I've been checking daily to hear the news... Congrats! I'm glad she is here happy and healthy!

Our Sweet Life said...

Cathy,
Congratulations! You are truly amazing to carry and deliver a 10 pound baby. She is beautiful. I hope all is well for you and your family.
Love, Tonya and family

gina bina said...

Congrats! She's beautiful! I think she looks like you. 3 girls...WOW, good thing you are super mom already!

martha corinna said...

She looks like you and like Trent.
I have called you.

Nathan said...

She is a big beautiful girl!!! Congratulations!!!

Brandon said...

Would it kill you to post some more pictures? How about emailing me some?

Emily said...

Congrats!!! She's beautiful! What a cute little family.
Hope your all doing well. Miss and love ya.

cathy said...

Trent here-

I know that I need to post more pictures. I am not really on top of the blogsphere like some of you. I will get with the program today and get some pics of her at home. It is funny because you all are commenting how big she is, but we all are saying how small she feels and looks. She is down to 9 lbs. now... She did fit into her newborn clothes for the trip home today, who knows how long she will be able to fit into them though...

Lisa P. said...

Congratulations! She is adorable and has cute cheeks. I hope you are adjusting to three children and that the girls are big helps to you. I think she is a good mix of both parents.

Rachel said...

CONGRATS!!! I've been checking your blog to see if you'd had her yet! She is so cute! Exciting!