The snow has begun. We've been waiting in a somewhat uncertain anticipation for the snow to really start coming. We knew the snow and weather statistics moving up here, so we can't say we're shocked, but at just under 3 feet and counting...I don't know how to feel. A foot is expected today, and more tomorrow, the next day, the next day and so on. Snow is beautiful when it's more of a mild decoration outside, I'm not sure what to call it when snow is all you see outside. When mailboxes and fire hydrants have big long red poles on top so the plows don't hit them. I was told (when I was complaining at the bus stop it wasn't safe for the kids to ride the bus to school) that this is nothing, "it has only begun". Welcome to Erie.......
it's hard to capture the true amount of snow in a picture with snow drifts happening everywhere-I'll try to capture a better one next time
If anyone doubts the amount of snow Erie gets, check out the info about Erie, PA on Wikipedia, go now and think of us please the next time you see a blue sky and asphalt-no such things exists here in winter. The roads are only snow paths the skies are only clouds. But happiness is not found in the weather-or is it?
8 comments:
I'll say "Happiness isn't found SOLEY in weather". I certainly find great joy in warm sunny weather. But it doesn't have to be sunny to feel happy.
Be sure to get a tanning pass Cathy ;) Gotta keep your spirits high with some Vitamin D!!!
Then you can build a snow igloo and sleep in it (I did that a few times as a teenager).
Oh man Cathy. And I thought Utah was bad. I could never make it there! I have already begun the "lets move south" talk with Chad! Good Luck!!
That looks like fun. I want a picture of you guys playing in the snow!!
its still coming down here, but not nearly as bad as you guys. you gotta love that lake effect snow!!! I hope the girls are having a fun time :)
wow. that is unreal. hope you get some good snow days out of it!
Random Thought...did the goldfish survive the move?
We gave the goldfish to our neighbors the Bodamers. I wasn't about to move it up here-4 years is a long enough life-and yes the fish is still alive at their house.
Post a Comment