Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Nice Little Outing

Trent and I feel so lucky, we just got back from one of the best vacations ever. There are a lot of components that factor into what makes a vacation a "great vacation". I think the biggest factor in making this such an amazing vacation was the fact that we went from hellish winter in Erie, PA to perfect, sunny, beautiful southern Florida. I think that fact also contributed to why I experienced such a feeling ecstasy laying in the warm sand on the most beautiful beach in the continental U.S. Because this blog doubles as a photo album for us, be warned there are a lot of pictures. Here I am getting fried on our way out deep sea fishing
Trent and I on a bridge overlooking the Fort Lauderdale canals


On Fort Lauderdale Beach


Eating on the Boardwalks





Our hotel in Islamarada-central Keys in the Florida Keys





Driving down to Key West from Key Largo-breathtaking views, seriously




Trent on the airboat tour in the Florida Everglades



Trent and I in the Everglades-creepiest place that is somehow still beautiful


The beautiful canal streets leaving Fort Lauderdale and Miami-where Shaquille O'Neal has a place


Trent with the King Mackerel-we ate that fish a hour later at a trailer restaurant down in Islamarada-it was incredible



Key West



Trent and I going out snorkeling in Key West



Snorkeling-35 minutes later I was throwing up in this water with fish swarming around me eating my upchuck-At least the Barracuda's didn't bite-I'm not kidding. Shouldn't have swallowed so much sea water.

Just off the reef, Trent had just finished throwing up in this picture-same problem, we swallowed too much salt water. Thanks so much to my wonderful Mother-in-law for watching our kids for us and only knocking one hole in the wall.

6 comments:

gina bina said...

Oh it looks so tropical and warm! Sounds good right about now :) I'm glad you two got away.

Shayleen Lunt said...

Uhm, you forgot to include that you didn't have kids on this vacation. That made it a REAL vacation for you! I love the Florida Keys. Looks like you did a fabulous job or experiencing them! I am not jealous. nope. not one bit.

Ashley said...

How beautiful! It looks like an awesome trip. Alaska, shmalaska...

sarahlouise said...

How fun! Cathy you look GREAT!!!! :)

emily ballard said...

Looks heavenly. I am jealous. We just got back from a few days in Vegas. . . but it was freezing cold! You look beautiful in all of the photos. Your hair is always so perfect!

Pitcherpost said...

yes, no kids is key in a great vacation! I love my kids, but you know....I'm glad you got out of erie for awhile! You look fabulous in all the pictures by the way!