Sunday, July 27, 2008

Country Partying

Some friends of ours had us over for a real country BBQ. They live out in the REAL Beautiful Country, true with horses, BIG barns, great big fields of corn, and large grazing pastures. It's extremely peaceful and every direction you look in is great big open green country. If you look close enough you can see a small fox running in between the white barn and the corn fields. When you read about the early American settlers setting out, building their farms picture this, because these fields haven't changed much in centuries. They have been in the same families for generations and generations. There is an old stone home not too far away, similar in structure to the one Joseph Smith grew up in-from the same time period. Just one main room below with a small loft up top with extremely narrow stairs, can't imagine children climbing on them, scary. It housed 8 children! I wish I had a picture of it. Such beautiful country. But here we all are, some looking at the fox, some looking too late.The kids were all lucky enough to ride the horses, I was lucky enough to carry Maddie so she could be by the horse and watch Liv ride it-she started off on it, but decided it was too "dangerous" in her words.
Olivia loved it(of course) and had to be persuaded to get off and let the others have a ride.

The girls before Maddie decided it was too "dangerous"

This was interesting-the girls went for a ride in a trailer behind a 4 wheeler as you can see, Maddie loved in and stayed in the trailer through the course of all the rides-Olivia became scared for some reason, and got out crying after the first round of rides(she said later she just missed us-she wouldn't admit to what she was scared of). Here she is getting out (crying) Trent rescuing her.

Maddie just enjoying the view

Maddie telling me how big the woods were that she went in.

Here are all the women folk, mending and sewing the clothes-oh we had just finished baking the bread. Don't you think thats what women like us were doing here 100 years ago? Maybe-

Thanks to our friends for such a lovely cookout and a great time time for all.

7 comments:

Ashley said...

How neat! It looks so beautiful!

Emily said...

Looks like a fun time and a beautiful area!

gina bina said...

Beautiful. I love being in the country.

Wildings said...

How pretty is that, I'm jealous I love the country!

Julie said...

I love the photo of the girls on the horse. How fun!

Brandon said...

You changed the name of your blog! Now, I have to change the link on my blog, and try to think of something clever. Hmmm...

Jennie Freakin' Wilder said...

Fun summer pictures. Your girls are sure are growing up. I've been meaning to comment for awhile and yes I was serious about coming out to visit you. I don't know when I will be able to now, my summer hasn't really turned out the way I was planning it too but I will definately be looking at my calendar to check out when I can take another vacation. I'll get back with you on that one. :)