Friday, October 3, 2008

Catch-Up

I have been so behind on blogging! I'll take you through these pictures to bring you up to speed. Above: Sweet Sophie at 7 months. Yes she's sitting up and now she's somewhat crawling, dragging herself around. She's ahead of where the other girls were, at this same age. She is so much more of a mover than Olivia and Maddie were.

Here is Trent with the girls at a neighbors birthday party

Maddie showing her loot from the pinata

Sophie trying to stand-at the same party

Maddie attacking Dora the pinata-does anyone else enjoy seeing this as much as I did? Dora is by far the most annoying children's show on tv-she's always yelling!
Olivia swinging. Liv, you are not going to get very far with one hand and your eyes closed! (and she didn't get far; didn't even make a dent in Dora's big noggin)

This is a picture of what Hurricane Ike did to our yard-we just got some of the after-math, but it was definitely bad. Our county was declared a disaster area. over 60,000 were without power and water for almost 7 days. We luckily were not among these, but the outages started less than a block away. It was unbelievable to us how lucky we were.
Here is a tree that was snapped in half by the wind and knocked onto our house. It hit the house and then rolled down onto the deck. Somehow it did no damage-again we were very lucky/blessed.

Cutting up the tree-we had a fire that night with some of this wood-should have taken pictures-

Now these pictures are all the way from Labor Day-we went biking up to a lake not far from our house. We had a great time and the girls were able to go swimming. Now it is cold and hard to picture all of that (its in the 40's today).

And this is how we roll- gear that we purchased with gift cards this spring from Target. It was probably the smartest gift card usage we have ever made.
Hopefully I'll have another post up with all we've done to get ready for this Halloween!

10 comments:

Trent Mason said...

We had a nice summer before the Great Depression of 2009 hit...


"Senators quietly tucked a number of earmarks into the tax package of the 451-page bill that was passed Wednesday night and is expected to be put to a vote in the House today: a $2 million tax benefit for makers of wooden arrows for children; a $100 million tax break to benefit auto racetrack owners; $192 million in rebates on excise taxes for the Puerto Rican and Virgin Islands rum industry; $148 million in tax relief for U.S. wool fabric producers"

Wow.

Ashley said...

Holy cow. I can't believe how old Sophie looks! I am so bummed we still haven't seen her. Her dimples are HUGE! I love them! That is a great family picture at the park. (Dora IS annoying. So is her cousin Diego...)

j e s s i e said...

Thanks for the update, your family is darling and I love that you cruise around on the bikes. How does Sophie like it? Ella hates riding in ours. I'm hoping next summer I'll have a little more luck.

cathy said...

She likes the trailer well enough, but I have my 5 1/2 year old riding with her and Olivia is seriously a great babysitter. Sometimes I think Sophie likes her more than Trent or myself even!

Nathan said...

Cathy
This post makes me miss you guys so much! The girls look beautiful, particularly little Sophie! Wow! And I haven't even seen her yet!!! I find Dora kind of annoying too--she IS always yelling, BUT come on, there are worse children's programs (Blues Clues anyone??) I would have loved to come on the bike ride!
Thanks for the update CATHY!
And Trent, thanks for this info....you should also look into the sweeping powers and no-prosocution clause for the Treasury Dept. tucked into the bill. I think we are very quickly headed to something scary...

Jill & Seth said...

How fun. Look how adorable Olivia's hair is, it's so long and curly.

Shayleen Lunt said...

Sooo cute! I didn't know you guys were hit by Ike too. I'm so glad that the tree did no damage...that is certainly a blessing!

Julie said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're back. I love seeing how your girls have grown, esp. that cute little Sophie! She is really getting big. I'm with ya all the way on Dora. Can you say "obnoxious"? Bueno! I would love to see the picture of the deer eating your garden that you told me about.

Emily said...

Cute kids and getting so big too, especially Sophie.

I'm Jenny said...

Chad and I are glad you guys are OK and not hurt too much from IKE. How scary!! Your family is DARLING! We miss you guys.