Monday, December 22, 2008

Olivia'a Gift


This is what happens when Olivia feels inspired-she cut off 10 inches of her hair and donated it to Locks of Love! She caught the giving bug from her friend Emma who did the same thing. Liv would not leave Trent and I alone all weekend-so first thing Monday morning it was cut and shipped to Florida to Locks of Love.


I think it actually does look quite cute on her. It's different, but she loves it and always wants me to straighten it. She does not miss her curls at all she claims-neither do I when it's time to brush it out!


And here's Madelyn "Diva" Mason. As soon as we got home from the salon Maddie disappeared and this is what she looked like when we saw her next. She insisted on getting her picture taken-including the back. She did not want to get her hair cut-because she likes to fix it herself too much. And as you can see she's quite good at it. If you can't tell it's plastered with hairspray-a and she tried to brush it all out which only makes curly hair a fro-which that it exactly what her hair is.


These next few shots are random-
The stockings that are now finally complete with Sophies finished and hanging up-It's consumed every free minute I've had for months.

Isn't she cute! She's growing up fast-almost a year old already!

8 comments:

Julie said...

Wow, that is a pretty mature thing to do for such a little girl. What cuties they all are. That Maddie totally cracks me up!

martha corinna said...

That is nice of Olivia and it looks very stylish.
A # of our neighbors have done the locks thing, but Norah is emotionally tied to her hair, plus every single girl in Norah's class has a Posh spice bob so I get the feeling that Norah is too much like me, unable to go with the flow. I hope this continues into her teenage years.

Ashley said...

I LOVE the new do. She really looks so grown up. I also love Maddie's new hairstyle and Sophie's dimples! Ahh!!!

gina bina said...

What a great thing to give!

Merry Christmas!

Nathan said...

I am so proud of Oliva! What a great thing to do, Livvy! And your new haircut it is very smart and sassy! I miss you!
Maddie wins the award for cute and funny and for being a classic!
Love and miss you guys!

Kate said...

That is a great Christmas gift for someone! I did the same thing right before Josie was born (12 inches - wow) Good job Olivia and super cute hair!

Mats and Monica said...

Holy smokes Olivia! You and Emma are twins now! Although Emma wants to see you in PERSON to make sure it is really you! Maddie and Sophie are all grown up too! We hope you had a great Christmas, how were your crab-legs? We miss you all! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Yatesfam said...

Love Maddie's hair it's darling on her, makes her look older though. I wonder if your little "Diva" will love her hair as she gets older. I HATE mine!!!! lol Sophie 2 little teeth, love it! Can you believe Sophie and my Mariyah will be turning 1 soon. Makes me sad to think about it. You guys sure have some darling little girls!!!!