Kathy's (Kathleen Mason) trip
As was mentioned in the previous post, Kathy, Trent's mom came to visit us and watch the girls while we were partying in San Diego. We had a great time. We took advantage of any slight amount of sun we saw.
Well, we tried too, but it was kind of painful as seen in the above picture. Sometimes the sun hurts, imagine being shut up in a dark damp closet all winter, and when you finally start to adjust to the terrible darkness a great big blinding light breaks down the door, but only for a moment and then it's gone. So you actually never do adjust to the light. That's my best analogy for describing Western PA.--btw not a posed picture
Oh it's so beautiful, so lush, so warm, so alive, we just had to get out and swing. My best at sarcasm.Actually give the woods a few months and everything I just said will be a true accurate statement. There is beauty here, just not in the winter or early spring. (I can say that again)New experience for us-this is the Hofbrauhaus
It's a huge German restaurant and there are only 2 others in the US the rest in Europe. They brew their own beer-9 huge distilleries. It was great. We had friend pickles, sauerkraut balls. And of of course Brats. If we drank beer I think this restaurant would be even greater to us. We did like it so much that we went twice in a weekend. This below is a picture of the girls playing outside the Hofbrauhaus, they have life sized chess and checker boards-it's quite a nice addition to the South Side.
A huge thank you to Kathy for coming out and helping us. We enjoyed it so much even though we know there were some hard things happening at home for her, we really apprciate her and hope she comes again soon.
5 comments:
I'm so glad you finally posted! Your girls are beautiful and growing like weeds!
I'm still not so sure about that fried pickle thing...
I'm glad Kathy could visit and spend time with her beautiful granddaughters! We miss you all! We need to plan a trip to W.PA!
What cute girls you have! I didn't know we have one of only a few Hofbrauhaus' in the US...I've never even thought of going there actually. Did they look at you funny when you ordered your water or Sprite? hehe
I love the picture of the girls squinting in the sun. We looked at all of Kathy's pictures from the trip last night. Your girls are getting so big! I am getting so excited to see you guys in June. We watched a clip of Sophie eating a lime- it was hilarious. I also want to come visit and try a fried pickle. Yum!
Your girls are so darling! Is Sophie walking then? Mariyah just turned 1 April 3, they grow up too fast!
Hey you guys. I found you through Crystals blog. I can't believe you have three cute little girls! How fun. I hope you don't mind if I check up on you through the blogging world. It's been awhile since I've seen you guys. Looks like all is going well. I can't believe you live in Pittsburgh-Klint would be jealous-he's a HUGE steelers fan! Check us out at whitneydunefam.blogspot.com
Kylee :)
Post a Comment