We just completed the funnest project! I know there are a ton of pictures, but it was such a big deal to the girls I wanted to capture as much as I could. Our friend Heather (she is actually kind of family. She's my brother Andy's wife's sister) just moved here to Pittsburgh, And invited us over to make aprons. The girls now think they are professional chefs and can use real knives, which we had to explain several times to Liv that it's not okay, they can still cut her. She seems to think if you have the gear, you must be a ble to do it all.
This kind of project would probable take most people a couple hours to do,not me-I literally spent all day working on them. Thanks to Heather though-she's much more skilled than I am, she taught me a lot.
I thought this picture was funny-Olivia is the only one with her eyes open
This kind of project would probable take most people a couple hours to do,not me-I literally spent all day working on them. Thanks to Heather though-she's much more skilled than I am, she taught me a lot.
I thought this picture was funny-Olivia is the only one with her eyes open

Maddie's was the first one done-oh I forgot to mention, the girls picked out their material entirely on their own. I think this material screams Maddie, it's just so her.


Here's a couple shots of my new sewing box-I guess the gear thing kind of applies to me also-but I love it, so whatever





15 comments:
Hey Cathy - so cute. I once made an apron for Olivia and it was a flop! I wish you lived closer so that you could show me!
ps Did you mean for all that font to be pictures of stuff?
what? I don't know what you mean? Is something wrong with the font?
Cute aprons. I wish I had more talent.
okay I think I fixed the font-did I?
Your girls are so lucky to have such a talented, creative mom. You are making great memories with them! I'll never forget when you helped Jud propose to Ash. That trailer was amazing!
Thank you Julie-
You are such a domestic goddess. Those look great. I just wish I were closer so I could come join the fun with you and Heather and the kids!!!
You're beautiful Cathy.
What a cute idea! You are such a fun mommy. I love the material and can't wait to steal this idea. Someday. When I blow the dust of the sewing machine. And find some time in between screaming and referee-ing my two boys. Maybe I'll wait until I have some girls....
How cute Cathy! Your such a great mommy!!!!
Cathy it's been so fun hearing from you on our blog!! We miss you guys! I love reading about your life in Pittsburgh. Darling aprons! Your girls are growing up! Let's get the Cabo tripped planned!!! :)
What a fun idea! I love the different material. I think my favorite is your green one. Random thought- I think that you should do a post about Olivia and her backpack. I thought it was so cute when you told me how she was so set on that Barbie backpack. :)
I had no idea you were such a domestic diva! Those are way cute. My mom is always telling to wear an apron, but I doin't like them. I think if I had one that cute I might just wear it.
Cathern Cathern Cathern,
Look, the aprons look lovely.
But here's the deal: I am at Heathrow Airport waiting for my flight to Helsinki and SUDDENLY remembered my promise to you; I am looking at and commenting on your blog whilst sitting across from a gentleman with a long white beard, wearing a bright purple and green stipped poncho with a leather cowboy hat: London...well, Heathrow, I guess. He could be from Arizona for all I know, BUT he did seem to be muumbling in a language that even I, with all my linguistic expertise could not discern. So, he could just want to be from Arizona...POINT IS, I hope it shows on your log-in tracker that someone has viewed your blog in London, or near London...I regret that I didn't view it in Edinburgh, Scotland....I am very sorry. But Scotland is still the UK and as I am in London now, you have a log in from the UK.
I love and miss you--the aprons are adorable, but what I loved best are the pictures of Old Mission and the tie-day party down at Scarlett's beach!
You are all so beautiful. I love you!
XO
Nathan
Those aprons are adorable! I need to become more domesticated I guess!
Post a Comment