Olivia's first day of school. How strange it is, it seems like it only a little while ago she was still the baby in my arms. I have been trying to talk myself into believing that this is all very good and great, but it's hard for some reason. I have been trying to pin point the reason this has been so hard for me to let her go. I can't fully grab a hold onto what exactly it is but I believe it's somewhere in between her growing up and leaving the little kid stuff behind, and then trusting that no one is going to hurt or make my babe's life hard. I know school is good and her education is very important, so why all the tears and worry from a mom who should be happy and excited when this day finally comes? At least Olivia was ready, very ready. She was all smile through everything and probable could not have loved it more.



Now Maddie on the other hand could have loved it all a lot more if only she could have ridden that darn bus with Liv, it just isn't fair sometimes is it Maddie.
This is me following the bus-I just wanted to see where the other stops were-I'm not paranoid or anything......
And here she is getting off the bus-she's trying to give a thumbs up (I think) she came off the bus looking a little shell shocked.
I'm so proud of her. She's so sweet and special, and I love that she loves school.
6 comments:
I love Maddie's expression in that last picture. It's amazing that you have a child in school. Your feelings sounds right along the lines of how I have imagined it. It will be hard not to have them under my constant protection.
What cute pictures! I love her dress.
Congratulations Olivia!!! I still remember my first day of school...a little. It sure is exciting!
Love and miss you all!
So many changes! You sure look like a happy family. I'm proud of the job you're doing Cathy and Trent.
Cathy
It has been too long. I found your blog through Karen's and was excited to catch up on your family. What darling girls you have. Can you believe we have kids old enough to go off to school. My oldest just started 1st grade. Kevin and I are living in Utah after some years in CA. He is telecommuting for his law firm from CA, so he works from home. The kids love being able to see him whenever and I love not having to take them all on errands if they don't want to go. You can catch up with us by checking out our blog
http://web.mac.com/grangeclan
Chelsey Grange
What a DOLL! That's weird to think you have a kindegartener though. I guess it's normal to feel sad... my cousin's son started kindegarten this year and she said the same thing.... she was so bummed and sad. I'm glad Liv likes it though!
Post a Comment