Monday, August 11, 2008

Old Mission, Michigan trip


Okay so we're now back from Old Mission, and we got our camera back in the mail today (thank you aunt Kitty). We left our camera up at my Grandpa and Grandma McDonalds, and my aunt was kind enough to send it back to us. Most all of these pictures in all 5 shows were taken at our beach, the tie dye ones were taken about 4 beaches down at our friends Scarlette and her husband Travis's. I grew up doing tie dye with them and now my kids are able to do it also-I love it! It really is such a fun thing to do, and Scarlette has perfected it using the lake as her rinser and the beach and rocks as the setter. It's perfect and we definitely enjoyed doing it this year. I also think our shirts turned out quite well if I might say so. So enjoy watching our vacation-I hope your comfortable, there are quite a few pictures. Also there are pictures of us on a hike-we went to an old abandoned apricot orchard where the fruit trees have gone wild but the fruit is still delicious. We eventually did find it and the apricots were small, but so very good. It felt like we had uncovered a secret treasure up there. I hope we can find that spot every summer and enjoy the apricots for years to come. Also theses next few pictures were taken with my mom's parents. We stopped by their home in Saginaw on our way down from Old Mission. It was great to spend the afternoon with them and the girls definitely benefited from it-pulling away with about 20 rocks more than what they had already collected from the beach up north. (my grandma LOVES rocks and has quite the collection)
We are so grateful for having this cottage in our family. We absolutely love going up there and I hope my kids can be raised there in the summers like I was. Thanks to my Grandpa Ed for finding this place all those years ago, and giving us all such a beautiful summer refuge.

4 comments:

Julie said...

How awesome that you have that wonderful place to take your children, with all the memories you have from your own childhood. It looks beautiful!

gina bina said...

What a beautiful place!

Emily said...

That looks fun and relaxing. I like your tie dye shirts too.

kbradley said...

I want to join your family so we can come too. It's beautiful! Next year when go back don't stop by on your way through Ohio, take us with you!
Thanks for leaving comments on my blog. I promise to leave comments on yours too. Take care.