Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas with Children

This Christmas has been so fun for us all. It's actually our 3rd Christmas since we've lived here, but just the 2nd one on our own(we went home in 05). We have tried to create some traditions that we can do every year out here. We both believe that in the end that is what makes Christmas memorable and enjoyable. When I think back on my childhood, I don't really remember many of the presents Santa brought, but I definitely remember traditions we had. We would sing a lot of Christmas carols, and then my dad would usually try and bring in some story or thought to remind us all of the true meaning of Christmas(our Savior). Those thoughts and stories might have appeared lost on little children in the midst of Santa and all the presents, but I am sure they were not. Those are the memories that stick. The spirit and true happiness that was felt at that time of year, in our home. That is the goal we have had, or tried to have. But those feelings and emotions can not be caught in pictures(at least I don't have those skills), so instead we're going to let you view the second best part of Christmas OPENING PRESENTS and hope all the rest of you had as much fun and created just as many great memories as we did.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I agree, traditions and Christ are the best part about Christmas. Thanks for sharing your pics, I love them!

gina bina said...

So what kind of traditions have you started?

martha corinna said...

Those are cute photos.
We didn't take any, too bad.
Of course I missed you too, Nate just is central to discussions.

Jennie Freakin' Wilder said...

I Cathy, Thanks so much for the Christmas card. I love receiving mail. :) I now have a blog so I hope to keep intouch with you a little better. I hope your christmas and new years was a good one. Maybe this year i can come out and see you. I loved reading your entries.

Brandon said...

Trust me. Trent's favorite part is the presents.