Thursday, November 12, 2009

Halloween 2009

Halloween was a bit different this year. Normally I have their costumes bought before the end of August, but this year was different. I had been so overwhelmed with the move and selling the house that I hadn't done anything to prepare, it had barely crossed my mind so as you'll see, they basically dressed themselves.-I've been a terrible mom lately I'm afraid.
The Friday we moved up here it snowed, luckily it didn't stick and stay, but still there haven't been too many nice days to go outside and explore the woods around our new home. This picture captures the first day we were really able to get out and explore. Olivia had been home with H1N1, so we had more free time then normal. It was a good afternoon.
Here they are in their costumes. Olivia called herself a ballerina(it works) Maddie's costume was the exact same but she called herself a Flanting Princess Fairy(um we are still trying to figure out what that means). Sophia was a butterfly(Maddie's costume from 2 years ago). Most importantly they were happy and excited.


We were very fortunate to be invited to a Halloween party, being new and not really knowing anyone. Luckily with Olivia riding the bus we were able to meet some other children in the neighborhood. It was a good Halloween despite the fact of being so disorganized and running out of candy in the first half hour(I didn't have to deal with the angry kids and the throwing of our pumpkins, Trent handed out the candy, I took the girls around the neighborhood)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Those posts were so fun to read. Your Michigan pictures are gorgeous. Olivia has changed the most since I've last seen the girls. She looks so grown up.

Pitcherpost said...

I hope you guys are getting more settled! You look like you did a good job with halloween, you had decorations up on your mantle! Which is more then I did and I have no excuse. Do kids really throw your pumpkins bc you ran out of candy?!