This is our personal contractor a.k.a. Terry Mason. He flew out here about 2 weeks ago just to lay our new wood floors. He worked tirelessly everyday on the floors, but he also taught us many valuable things we needed to know about this house. We're sad he's gone, but I'm sure he's happy to be home and getting a break.
Here it is after. We refinished the cabinets, refinished the floors, bought new appliances and new counter tops are coming soon.--this was a lot of work for us. Our last 2 homes were new construction, but we wanted a home with a little more character this time, which we discovered thrives in older homes. But with older homes comes a lot of work and all the different styles of all the previous owners. This home we bought, had a hodgepodge of different themes going on, but hopefully we'll be able to change that, and make it more of our style. We love the location, less then a block from the coast of Lake Erie. Our back yard boarders Federally Reserved marsh lands and is absolutely gorgeous with the cattails and indigenous flowers.
This is the finished dining room, I somehow deleted the before picture(sometimes I hate Blogger) with the awesome carpet(pink roses and forest green leaves) Seriously it's a big change just removing that carpet and laying new floors.
Before-front entry, oh if you look real close at the top of the picture you get a glimpse of the awesome carpet that had to go.
After
This is the bathroom that I first practiced the refinishing on
Here it is finished. The pictures don't do it justice. Thank you so much to my sisters neighbor Amy for answering all my questions, and showing me how to do this to my cabinets.
So those are some highlights from the new house. Next project is changing the shutters and moldings on the outside, from a faded red (actually more like reds ugly sister pink) to black.
Thank you Terry so much again for all your hard work, we really, really appreciate it.,
9 comments:
It all looks really really good, Cathy. I love the color of your floors and the cabinets turned out beautiful. I would love to do that to my cabinets- It looks like a TON of work. Maybe someday... As for the shelves- I don't see a clock in that room (in the picture anyway). Maybe a cute clock or something. Or maybe a whole collection of clocks.... ;)
Looks awesome! I hope to have the money to someday redo our home like that. Great work Cathy. Your home is beautiful!
It looks great! Please do tell how to do the cabinets! I know it's paint and glazing, but, how? Great to see you getting settled!
The refinshed cabinets are beautiful. I wish I could talk my parents into doing that in their home.
I never heard back from you about the broken arm??
Very nice cathy!!! Looks like you have been BUSY! But it sure did pay off :)
Hey Emily-yeah I did break my radial head, which is in your elbow-it happened back in June, I was riding Trent's bike with the shoe clips and I got stuck and fell over and landed on my elbow-I wish I could say I was like BMXing or doing something crazy but I waS just riding in my neighborhood and honestly I was actually trying to get off the bike when I fell, so I wasn't really even moving-I felt extremely foolish walking the half mile back to my house. I guess I'm that idiot in the neighborhood.....but I'm all better now-thanks for asking-how is the new restaurant?
Ooo, I really like the floor and cabinets. I wish you many happy memories in your new, beautiful home.
Trent, you'll still come down to the Burgh for a Steelers game when I come back to town right???
Glad to see you posted some more.
Zach
Welcome back to the world of blogging! I was beginning to wonder...Anyhoo, love the house. Congrats on the new job! Keep in touch..Miss ya guys!
Post a Comment